Cookie Press Butter Cookies are a classic at Holiday time, and now with OXO's Fall Disc Collection, they can be made and shared as early as Halloween! Because this dough holds its shape so well through the baking process, Miss Beth suggests adding decorations before baking so that sprinkles and sparkle sugars stick even when packaged. Also, remember to use just a baking sheet without any spray, grease or silicone baking mat so that the pressed cookies will stick slightly to the surface and release from the plate of the press with clean lines and distinct pattern. This chart from OXO shows the finished product created by each disc in the collection.
Butter Cookies *
Yield: About 12 dozen cookies
• 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
at room temperature • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup sugar • 4 cups all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and salt. Beat until light and
fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, continuously beating.
3. Gradually add flour, beating until well incorporated.
4. Place dough in cookie press with desired disk. Press dough out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown on the edges.
Rotate baking sheet halfway through baking time.
*Recipe provided by longtime OXO friend, Fraya Berg